Thursday, November 24, 2016

A New Track Plan

OASIS v 3.0

West
SouthNorth
East

I'm going back to a sectional layout using the domino benchwork from my old 4 x 6 layout.   I decided to go with this type of layout over the semi-permanent one I had designed several months ago.  Portability has its advantages, and I decided to stick with this type of layout.

The track plan is based on an idea I have been kicking around for several years.  I have created a few other versions, but the other track plans would have required the construction of new benchwork.  This plan doesn't.

The location is the town of Owensville, Missouri. The Owensville Terminal Railroad 4th Street Yard is located on the top leg, and the Rock Island Yard is located on the right leg of the track plan.

I will have to decide whether or not to go with code 83 or code 100 track.  I will have to purchase all new track if I go with code 83, but could start building right away if I stick with code 100. The plan is to take a little time thinking about it before going with one or the other.

Tom

8 comments:

  1. that gonna be a lot of switching buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan! Especially since I do not have the room for continuous running. Thanks, Ed!

      Tom

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve! I think the interchange will be fun to operate. It's designed with two operators in mind, but should be a lot of fun with a lone operator. The usual operating situation for myself.

      Delete
  3. Hey Tom,
    Great to see the OTTR front and center again. Looking forward to seeing more!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving, Scott! Yes, it's good to get back to the old freelance railroad. Still having a lot of fun with it, so why not? I find it interesting even after all these years. Thanks for the comment!
      Tom

      Delete
  4. Hey Tom, it's great to see the Owensville Terminal running again. Your 70 tonner was one of my favorite models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 70 tonners will be returning to work this layout as well! Getting ready to have sound decoders installed in them too.

      Tom

      Delete