Saturday, August 1, 2020

Finishing Track on the First Scene

Track weathering is completed for the right section of the layout. This section will feature a yard office and an unloading dock for a public siding. I'm using a weathering technique I learned from a Mike Confalone scenery video. AMI Weathering Powders are being applied to the rail webs. I like to use Medium Earth for yard and spur tracks. I also apply the powders to the track bumpers that have been previously painted a camouflage brown.


Ready to start. 

Applying powder to the back rail web. 

Track bumpers painted camo brown. 

Left bumper w/chalk applied. Right bumper camo brown. 

Rail webs w/Medium Earth applied. 


Completed weathered tracks. 



With the completion of the track weathering, I can now move on to static grass application. 


Until next time, 

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment